Learning to Knit.....a LONG time ago!!


I started this baby blanket about 8-9 years ago when I was first learning to knit.  I got frustrated with it and put it back in the bag and forgot about it.  Well.....a few posts back I mentioned a New Years resolution.  I promised my husband I would not buy any more yarn until I worked down my stash...which includes finishing "unfinished" projects!  I had only completed up through the second band of blue and was ready to start the third band of white.  It ONLY took me FOUR times stitching and frogging that band of white to figure out what I had done!  Instead of asking someone how to YO way back when I was learning....I just made up my own way of doing it!!!  Part of me wanted to just scrap the whole blanket....another part of me just wanted to finish it with whatever stitch it was "supposed" to be done with.  But I couldn't.  I couldn't just put it away.  And I couldn't just finish it badly.  So....short story already too long!!  I finshed it!  Saturday while I was watching the Preakness pre-race show (actually got busy and missed the actual race).  It was worked on size 15 double point needles and is made with Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn.  The pattern was one of those freebies that hang near the yarn.  But with the wonder of the internet you can find it here.  Enjoy!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts