RECTANGLE GRANNY w/ HEART EDGING

I LOVE making granny squares....and the rectangle granny is a lovely variation of this classic square!  This particular blankie is yet another attempt to decrease my stash.  I had many visions for the edging for this blanket...and one was almost done when I decided it just "wasn't working" and ripped it all out and started the edging again.  What I came up with is a small heart edging, but not so girly that it couldn't be used for a boys blanket.  I've posted the rectangle pattern at the bottom of the post....but am still working out the edging part of the pattern.   Keep checking back....I may have it written up in the near future.





 My original intention was for this to be an OKLAHOMA SOONERS blanket...complete with filet edging declaring so!  But alas, it was not to be   :(   


RECTANGLE GRANNY      

Rnd 1:  Chain 22.  (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in 4th chain from hook.  [Skip next 2 chains, 3 dc in next chain] 5 times.  Skip next 2 chains.  (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in end chain.  Working on opposite side of starting chain, skip next 2 chains. [3 dc in next ch, skip next 2 chains] 5 times.  Join with sls st in top of beg ch.  
Rnd 2: Ch 3, turn.  2 dc in same space as turn chain.  Work 3 dc in each space.  On corners work 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc. 
Repeat Rnd 2 until desired size is reached.

Comments

Popular Posts