CROCHETED LACY SCARF w/ written AND symbol patterns

So much cold weather across the nation (even down here in South Texas) has prompted me to get to work on some new scarves.  I actually designed this last year for my co-worker who can't read patterns but crochets the most AWESOME creations by just looking at samples!!  She really wanted to learn to read patterns, so I started by drawing it out in symbol form, then writing the written instructions so she would have two forms of the pattern right in front of her.  I'm not sure if it helped her or not. But I LOVED the pattern so much that I made many.....and now I am sharing it here for your own stitching pleasure :D 
The symbol pattern (which is a picture of the pattern I drew) is located at the bottom of the blog entry.
***Feel free to make as many of these as you want for profit, but remember to give credit to me, Amy B Stitched, or link back to this page!!***


 

LACY SCARF

Materials:
size G crochet hook
6-8 oz worsted weight yarn


Ch - 0  - chain
Dc - Ŧ - double crochet
Sk - skip
Sp - space
St - stitch

Ch 23.
Row 1: (dc, ch 2, dc) in 5th ch from hook, * sk next 3 ch, 5 dc in next ch, sk next 3 ch, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch.  Repeat from * across.  Dc in last ch.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn. * 5 dc in ch 2 sp, (dc, ch 2, dc) in center st of 5 dc group.  Repeat from * across.  Dc in top of turning ch.
Row 3: Ch 3, turn. * (dc, ch 2, dc) in center 5 dc group, 5 dc in next ch 2 sp.  Repeat from * across. Dc in top of turning ch. 
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until desired length is reached.


I made this scarf 66" long (as tall as I am), then I stitched the ends together to make an "infinity" scarf, which I triple wrapped around my neck for this pic.  It was so nice and warm.....but I was able to unwrap one time and drape around my neck when we went inside so I didn't get so warm.



I love working with charts......so much easier to look at a picture than to READ a long lengthy pattern.  I'm not really that "tech savvy" so I just drew it up the old fashioned way with pencil and paper.  It's not perfect.......but it's readable!! 




Comments

  1. I love this pattern will have to make this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moma!! It's my "go to" scarf pattern as it works up sooo quickly.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job with the drawing of the chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara!! I've been getting the new "automated" chart ready and will add that soon as well in an updated post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts