This Stitchers Gotta Eat!!! Tortellini w/ Creamy Tomato Sauce



Today while browsing new pins on Pinterest I came across a Tortellini Soup recipe that made my mouth water by just reading the ingredients!!  But upon inspection of my cupboard I discovered very few of the needed ingredients....so I set to work creating my own version of the dish using what I had on hand.  My recipe ended up being more of a pasta dish than a soup of the original recipe, but was super quick to whip up and extremely tasty!!  Even Hubby liked it!!!

 I believe this would be great as a meatless dish....but I had some chicken breast left over in the fridge and decided at last minute to chop it up and add it to the sauce.  If you are an onion lover I would also suggest chopping up some onion and sauteing along with the garlic....unfortunately I was out :(



Tortellini w/ Creamy Tomato Sauce

8.9 oz dried Five Cheese Tortellini (refrigerated or frozen will also work)
12 oz can Evaporated milk
drizzle of Olive Oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
8 oz can tomato sauce w/ basil, garlic & oregano
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
*fully cooked chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces (optional)

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain
In 10" skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add minced garlic and saute 2 mins or until softened.  Reduce to low heat. Add tomato sauce, evaporated milk, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.  Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.  Add chicken (if desired) and cook on low heat until chicken is warmed through.  Add cooked tortellini and serve while still hot.  

Be Blessed!!!
Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts