Inspiration for the Stitcher - Quiet Time

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Mark 6:31


Is your life ever so busy that you “catch yourself coming and going”??? 

My life has been extremely busy lately.  My stitching business took a downturn when I moved (as I expected), and though financially we are fine, I really wanted to be able to contribute to our savings (or at least pay for my own yarn LOL).  So I took a job outside the home (that's why I'm not here so much anymore).  It’s been a wonderful thing!! I’ve met some great ladies and finally feel like I’m part of a local community. 

There have also been some things happen that have taken hostage of my brain and consume my thoughts during every waking moment (and even sometimes in my dreams).

I have felt myself becoming more self-consumed. Time with my stitching, time on social media, time that I spend worrying about what I think others are thinking about me (crazy huh??).  And I realized my life hasn’t been a picture of what a true and loving Christian should be. 

When I sat to re-evaluate my time this morning, I realized I have put time with the Lord on the back burner.  Only spending time with Him when I need to offer up a quick prayer for someone in need. This morning I dusted off my devotional that I started reading 6 months ago (it’s a 60 day devotion and I’m only 1/4th of the way through it).

The verse above reminded me that I need time away with him to myself.  Of course, when he spoke to the disciples they were in “full on service mode” and really needed to recharge.  But I think I can apply this to myself right now.  Setting aside time DAILY in quiet time with the Lord should be my priority. 

Be Blessed!!

Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts